Fall and winter are tough on your lips. Their delicate skin suffers some of the most wear and tear on the body; we use them for eating, breathing, smooching and more. Combined with dry, cold, winter
weather they can suffer! Here are some tips to keep your lips in tip-top condition this coming cold season:
- Break the lip licking habit. Saliva contains enzymes that break down the skin barrier and when it evaporates, it leaves lip skin drier than before.
- Drink more water. Dry chapped lips are a key sign of overall dehydration.
- Create a more humid environment. Indoor heating can dry out lips, so opt for a humidifier to create more moisture in the air.
- Use a lip balm with occlusive ingredients that form a protective barrier. Stick to ones that contain coconut oil or beeswax.
- Stay away from matte lipsticks. Even though they claim to be moisturizing, the mattifying ingredients can really dry out lip skin. Try wearing a hydrating balm underneath lipstick for extra moisture.
- Slather on a rich emollient lip balm before bed. Night time is when skin heals itself and that includes your lips.
To shop our full line of coconut oil based lip balms, go here.